Monday, March 24, 2014

True Match


My true match. 

Lately I've become obsessed with foundations. I think it started when I began sampling every single foundation MAC had. It was interesting to see the difference finishes. I usually don't recommend MAC foundations for everyday use, but that's a different entry. 

Last week while at Walgreens I decided to pick up true match by L'Oréal. I don't think I've ever bought over the counter foundation. Ever. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's totally true. Don't get me wrong, I bought eye shadows, lipsticks and blushes. Products like that. Oh, and I always buy my mascara at Target. I rarely ever buy name brand mascara. It's not worth it ladies. It's the same thing. You're basically just paying for the name. Again, that's another entry.

I'm not going to lie, I was so excited about coming home and trying this foundation. I have no clue why especially since I'd be totally contradicting myself. I always tell my clients to invest in good foundation. I still think it's a good idea but times are tough. Not everyone can drop $40+ dollars on foundation. 

When I got home I discovered I had picked up the wrong shade. I was 90% sure the shade I was picking was wrong but unfortunately they don't let you swatch at the store. By the time I went back to exchange the product there was no doubt in my mind what shade I was. I went home and immediately began to play with the product.

My first reaction to it was that it was very light. It felt a little weird. I think it might of have been because it was so light and I'm not use to that. I have to say though, for it being so light it has great coverage. I wore it all day and found my makeup to stay in tact. I didn't get shiny much and only had to blot once. It gave me a really pretty matte finish, which is what I usually prefer. When I was applying the product I felt like I was able to apply and build as needed. You can't do that with all foundations, you'll start to see the creases later in the day. One of the things I learned with my Mac foundation experiment.

I was pleasantly surprised at how happy I was with the product. I really like it. My only complaint would be that packaging is very small. If you use it everyday you'll probably be having to replenish frequently. Considering the price I guess it's not too bad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment